The Club elects, from among its members, officers for terms usually beginning in October of each year. Duties and responsibilities are enumerated in the By-Laws.
Current Club Officers: October 2022 – September 2023
President – Kurt Uhler
Vice President – Steve Baker
Treasurer – Darren Snow
Recording Secretary – Slim Connors
Corresponding Secretary – Scot Storey
Parliamentarian – Slim Connors
Trustee (2021 – 2024) – Robert Berrettini
Trustee (2022 to 2025) – Phil Dyche
Trustee (2020 – 2023) – George Lawrence
To preserve range backstop integrity, the following Range Rules are effective immediately:
- The range impact fan is below the target turners, above the target stanchions, and well inside the edges near the walls…all impacts must be on the visible portion of the conveyor belt. Any shot outside the range impact fan is cause to initiate action to revoke membership.
- No BBs, shotgun shells of any kind, magnum rounds of any kind, or any round that was not specifically designed to be a pistol cartridge are allowed on the range.
- .22Short/Long/Long Rifle cartridges from handguns, carbines, and rifles are allowed. No other .22 size cartridges are allowed on the range.
- Pistol Caliber Carbines and PCC rifles are allowed up to .45ACP.
- Pellet pistols and rifles in .177 and .22 cal are allowed.
- Black powder pistols and rifles up to .45 cal are allowed.
- Centerfire pistols/PCCs up to .45ACP/.45GAP/.45LC are allowed.
- The following pistol calibers are prohibited on the range: .38 Super, 10mm, .357 Sig, and Fn 5.7 X 28mm (e.g., Ruger Five Seven)
All range users are expected to know and to follow all range rules and procedures. Read the signs on the range. Report all abuse of range use to CGC Range Management.
Minutes of recent monthly meeting
Click here for copies of recent monthly meeting Minutes.
Click here of a copy of our By-Laws.
The Club may establish such rules, procedures and requirements as are necessary for the safe, efficient and pleasant administration of the Club. Failure to abide by the rules, procedures or requirements may result in sanctions up to and including termination of membership. Club rules include:
- No intoxicants or narcotic drugs are to be used or permitted on Club property, with the exception that beverages containing alcohol may be permitted at certain Club events when approved by the membership.
- No shooting is permitted by persons under the influence of alcohol or narcotic drugs.
- Gun handling in the meeting room is permitted only behind the counters. The gun must be unloaded. All consideration will be given to other occupants of the room.
- No smoking is permitted during club meetings or during scheduled matches.
- All persons using the Carlisle Gun Club facilities are responsible for the security of their personal firearms and ammunition while on the Carlisle Gun Club premises.
- GUEST POLICY: Two (2) guests are allowed per member. Only one (1) guest can shoot at a time per member. Members are responsible to ensure their guest(s) adhere to Club rules.
- All individuals use the Carlisle Gun Club facilities at their own risk and agree to hold harmless the Carlisle Gun Club, its officers and members in the event of an accident.
- Eye and ear protection are required.
- First person on the range determines the firing line and tempo then in use. Courtesy and compromise with other shooters should be considered.
- Unholstered weapons must be unloaded and pointed downrange while waiting to load and shoot.
- Loaded weapons must be pointed downrange, unless holstered.
- During matches, all commands of the range officer are to be obeyed.
- Any person preparing to go downrange must be fully satisfied that all weapons on the line are unloaded and then declare the line as safe and announce that they are going down range.
- There is no handling of firearms while any personnel are downrange or forward of the firing line.
- All firearms not being fired should remain cased. No loaded firearms will be retained on the bench.
- No “quick-draw” exercises with loaded firearms are permitted with the exception of Club sponsored activities.
- Range doors will be closed at all times when firing is underway.
- Range ventilation fans will be in use while firing is in progress.
- Jammed or otherwise loaded guns must be cleared and unloaded before leaving the range.
- Persons using the range are responsible for cleaning the range upon completion of firing. Remove brass and targets. Put ONLY YELLOW BRASS in the metal brass bucket.
- Only paper based targets can be used.
- No smoking permitted in the range facility
- Handguns using non-magnum ammunition, including revolvers, semi-automatics, or single-shot, up to .45 caliber.
- Rifles in .22 long rifle only.
- Pellet guns (whether air or co2 propelled).
- Firearms of any type when firing magnum ammunition.
- Rifles using standard rifle ammunition (other than .22 long rifle caliber).
- Fully automatic firearms of any caliber.
- Shotguns/Shot shells (including handgun loads).
- BB guns.
Tracer, incendiary, armor-piercing, armor-piercing incendiary or other rounds containing igniferous or explosive substances
To ensure there is no confusion only the following ammunition may be used at our range:
|.22 short||.380 ACP||.40 S&W|
|.22 long rifle||9mm||.44 special|
|.25 ACP||.38 special||.45 ACP|
|.32 ACP||.45 GAP|
Standard loadings in any of the above calibers are permitted.
The following are NOT permitted at any time:
Magnums in any caliber
Armor piercing rounds
Shotgun shells: buckshot, birdshot or slugs.
Full Auto firearms
If you have any questions contact a Club Officer or come to a Club Meeting.
Failure to comply with these restrictions may result in suspension of club privileges and or expulsion from the Club. You are responsible for your guests. You are responsible for any damages caused by you or your guests.