Membership Application Procedures
Applicants are required to have submitted in its entirety, a completed membership application (either online or with this paper form) and to attend a regular Club membership meeting (when called upon) for processing. Processing cannot be completed without their sponsoring member present. With the exception of holidays, meetings are held at 7pm on the last Monday of every month. Be sure to sign and date the application, applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
The following criteria must be met before membership is granted:
1. A citizen of the United States of America
2. 18 years of age or older
3. Applicants must have a current CGC member sponsor.
4. There is a favorable 3/4 vote by the body on the membership request at the time of presentation by a sponsor.
5. Dues are $80.00 per year (half-year dues of $40.00 start in April), there is a non-refundable application fee of $10.00 which must be paid at time of application, either in cash in person at a meeting, a check in person or by mail, or electronically through the web site. Any online financial institution processing fees are the responsibility of the applicant.
6. Applicant must sign a waiver form and an acknowledgment of the Club’s rules during orientation.
7. Applicant will attend an orientation of the Club’s facilities, including review of policies, procedures and safety processes.
8. Applicant must demonstrate his/her ability to handle a firearm safely and proficiently to a Club NRA instructor. Bring to the meeting in which your application will be voted upon, your ear and eye protection, a personal firearm, and appropriate ammunition. Keep your shooting materials in your vehicle until instructed to bring them into the Club. Firearms must be unloaded and cased. No loaded firearms are permitted in the meeting room.
9. Comply with any other provision the Club may dictate. Upon successful completion of all the above conditions, a membership card and building access key fob will be awarded. There is a $10.00 service charge for replacement of lost or damaged access key fobs.